Pinecone Research is one of the longest standing and most trusted brands in the survey industry.
This is because they are owned, as well as operated by, Nielsen which is, probably, America’s biggest market research brand bar none.
Their focus is to use surveys to guide product development for a wide-range of companies.
How Do You Sign Up For Pinecone Research?
Unlike most survey sites, you can’t just head to Pinecone’s website and register to take surveys.
In fact, they use a strict “invitation only” process (and yes, our readers are invited to take part – you can visit our signup link here). You have to be invited either by a trusted partner like us or a current user.
How Do You Get Paid By Pinecone?
Oddly, there is no faster survey company to get paid by than Pinecone which will always present you with a survey once you’ve been approved to join and that survey is always rewarded with the minimum number of points to get a payout!
So, you cannot fail to get paid by Pinecone once you’re in the door. This makes it unique among all survey companies and is a good reason to join even if you don’t decide to incorporate them into your regular survey company rotation.
Pinecone, like many other survey companies, awards you with points for taking part in surveys and 100 points is equivalent to $1 (for US or Canadian users – in their respective currencies) or £1 if you’re a British user.
Once you have enough points (the minimum, at the time of going to press, is 300) you can then cash out – that is a $3 payout threshold which is one of the lowest of any survey company in the business! Pinecone doesn’t want to hold onto your money any longer than it has to.
You can take the money as:
- PayPal cash – once you ask for the cash, it ought to be in your PayPal account within a week, it’s also nice that they don’t charge a fee for cashing out, you get the whole balance paid
- Check – takes longer than PayPal but if you want to wait, they will happily mail you a check but these are only issued in multiples of $3, $5 or $15
- Amazon e-money – want to spend the money on Amazon? Then they will happily credit it straight to your bank.
- Other gift cards – Pinecone has a huge number of retail partners that allow points to be converted into gift cards (Starbucks is always popular)
- Prepaid VISA (virtual cards only) – this is only available in the US and these VISA cards can only be spent at online US-based outlets
How To Earn Money?
Well, Pinecone has fewer activities than many survey companies and they typically only pay for you to complete surveys (they take a maximum of 20 minutes) and to test products (you get free stuff too for doing this).
Watch out for the questionnaires though – these are short surveys, but they don’t pay anything for completing them.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Yes, they have decent customer service (not exceptional, but decent) which is unusual among survey companies and queries tend to be answered with 3 working days, which is better than nothing.
You can also use their Mobile App if you don’t want to do the surveys on their website. You must have a membership before you can use the app, though.
Pinecone Research is one of the better opportunities out there in the paid survey market. They pay out on low thresholds and they pay out quickly. The only downside is that they don’t offer as many paid opportunities as some other survey companies. We’d strongly recommend that you join an audience that has been paid millions of dollars over the years by Pinecone Research.
For the best survey sites don’t miss our picks for the Top 12 Best Survey Sites for 2021.